Poisoning a Raccoon is Cruel and Messy

Rodent poison should never be used, especially on an animal that isn’t a rat or mouse. No matter which poison you choose, the animal is going to suffer from an incredibly painful and brutal death.

But if you don’t care about the animals, remember that poisoning a large animal like a raccoon won’t be good for you either. If you’re trying to get rid of a “nuisance” raccoon in your attic or crawl space, the critter will go to its den in your home to die. There, it will start rotting, and it won’t be pretty. If the smell isn’t enough to turn your stomach, the maggots will be.

Don’t do this to the animals and don’t do it to yourself. If you have unwanted raccoons or other wild animals that mistook your home for a den, please humanely repel this with bright lights, loud noises, and strong odors. Once they’ve left on their own, make sure all their entry points are closed. There is no need to poison any animal.

%d bloggers like this: